Saturday, October 1, 2011

How about a war tax on gasoline of a buck a gallon to help pay for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan?

These wars are dragging us deeper into debt with no plan for paying off that debt. Sacraficing some now will keep us from having a worse debt later. A war tax would also help ease demand for gasoline. Make it so the tax comes off when the troops come home and it might help speed things up there too.|||I see what you are saying but I think the people are being taxed too much already. Quit the pork barrels and all the corruption and this country would make a heck of a gain.|||Top idea! People seem to have forgotten that wars cost money. If we are fighting for national survival, as some say, how come half the nation is spending money on hair dye and pets?|||We don't need any more taxes. The polititions need to cut spending. The gasoline tax would hurt the working class.|||Yes by golly, taxes are the solution to every problem. My state just passed a buck a pack tax on cigarettes. The money will be used to provide health care to the lazy class who don't bother to get jobs with health care. What a great idea. And since when did liberals suddenly become concerned with government spending? When that concern advances one of their agenda items, that's when.|||Heads up for ya! Not everyone who has to drive is an SUV owning uber consumer. I have a elderly shut in father who lives 50 miles from me. He'd like to see me once in while. I have a 50 minute commute to work each way because this is the only place I could find a decent job. And I can't move closer to the job because my son is in school system that is doing a great job with his special needs. So, no, I wouldn't like the kick in the head that your tax would give me.|||Several issues.





If the cost of the war is made less painful for the nation's leaders, then we could rapidly find more wars not less ... next invasions to be Iran %26amp; Venezeuala?





Taxes can be used to force change. By increasing cost of living to people in one area, we result in more people using public transportation, less people driving cross country. Is that what is desired?





How would we enforce a rule that SUVs have to pay twice as much for gas as compact cars?|||So nice to see that some folks have a surplus of funds to piss away...how about pissing some of it at me?

No comments:

Post a Comment