Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How did the civil war impact the north and south culturally?

How did the north and south change culturally from before to after the war. any help is greatly appreciated! also if you could site where you got the information or where i could find information on it, that would be very helpful! thank you very much!|||Well most of the Southern ways of life died with the Confederacy. The country living is gone, but their are still places that hold those customs dear. Some people think that if the SOuth won the war, slavery would still b in place. But this is NOT true. What people don't know is that slavery was on its way out of the South anyway. There was only a small group of plantations owners who wanted to hold on to that institution, but most Southerners thought it was out dated and they wanted to move forward in industry just like the North. Well, the South changed dramatically after the Civil War, because they moved forward with the industrial revolution. Once the North won, the Union soldiers came down South to try to change their whole way of life, and they succeeded. The Southern way of life is gone, I suppose it would have died out anyway, but you never know how life would be if the South one. Most people think that the South was just fighting for slaves, that's not true. They were fighting for their way of life, their government and their Confederacy. Unfortunately, some of this included slavery, but for most Southerners they were fighting for their home. I hope by what i have said about slavery you do not think I am AT ALL in favor of it, because I most certainly am NOT! I think it was the most immoral, ungodly, and horrid institution to ever reach our country. But the Southern way of life is something I wish I could have, because it was sacred, simple, and wonderful. Well I totally went off topic but I hope you found some information that was helpful. I am a Southern gal with Southern roots, I got tot defend my people. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment